Thursday, January 6, 2011

Countdown...

I really did have the best of intentions for maintaining this healthy gluten-free sugar-free lifestyle. I know I feel much better when I eat right. I know I'm happier, therefore my hubby is happier. But then reality hit, the holidays hit, a trip to Kansas to visit my brother hit, along with dinners with friends and holiday parties... and I caved.  Now I find myself in the unfortunate position of having jeans that are too tight (muffin top is back!) and I've been feeling awful for weeks. It's time to do something about it!

Wes & I at Ft. Riley, Kansas in November

I've been wanting to do the Elimination & Detoxification Diet from Ali's book The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook for several months now (if you don't know Ali, her book has wonderful recipes and her blog Nourishing Meals is phenomenal). I've heard the diet is great for getting back on track, healing your digestive system, and establishing healthy eating habits. Since my hubby is travelling for work for the next few weeks, (though he's supportive, he is not at all interested in doing the diet with me) now is the optimal time! So starting on Saturday, I will commence the 2-day green smoothie fast, then start Phase 1 on Monday.

We'll see how it goes - I'm looking forward to feeling great again, and hopefully looking a little better in those jeans...

No comments:

Post a Comment